Skip to main content

Of Cute and Useful Things

I’m a sucker for cute things especially cute packaging. Over the years, I’ve been trying to nip that attitude just because I feel that sometimes I make impulse purchases that won’t be useful in the long run.

But I’m pretty happy with these purchases:

hello kitty plate, bitsandtreats

This Hello Kitty bowl is from mom. We got this at one of our former bazaars. I think it’s 150 pesos and it serves as my jewelry dish on my vanity.

Etude House Penguin Hand Lotion, by bitsandtreats

This Etude House Penguin is a hand lotion. I saw this at Sugar’s blog (where I find all my Etude House lemmings) and it took a while before I was able to buy them because at that time, they were not available at Etude House, Beauty by SM.

etude house hand lotion, bitsandtreats

Love the smell. It’s like mild baby powder. The packaging also works because the cap doesn’t come off so it doesn’t spill.

etude house lotion box, bitsandtreats
“This is my Fairy Penguin Story”

I totally forgot the price but it’s affordable and worth it. I like this better than the first EH hand lotion that I bought.  It’s not sticky and gets absorbed by my skin fast. I also sometimes use this to soothe the dry skin on my legs, elbows and knees. One bottle will last you a long time.

Got any cute stuff that are worth a shoutout?

Comments

  1. me! me! i have a host of kawaii stuff. mostly cat-themed and paper. the latest would be a cat-shaped lock, mirror with cat print and luggage tag also with cat print. all from toy kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toy Kingdom has lots of interesting stuff for grown ups no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the HK dish! it's so cute and i like the miss u handcreams too E! :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. (nods head vigorously) yup! it's a shame i missed out on their sale weekends ago at megatrade hall. was there last year and got a couple of good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...