Skip to main content

NARS Maui and Palm Beach

This is another NARS product that I found while searching for the elusive NARS Hanamichi brush. I found this on the back drawer of one of my Muji organizers. It’s a blush and bronzer duo. This is a product I bought from a friend. It stinks of moth balls. Actually this one and a few more makeup that I got from her. I didn’t have the heart to give them back to her and get my money back. When I found this, the palette itself was very sticky. This is the first time that one of my NARS palettes became sticky. This palette was kept with another NARS palette that didn’t turn sticky. I don’t know if it is because of the moth ball exposure or what. I tried cleaning the palette with tissue then with wet wipes then with alcohol. The alcohol did the job but it also made the palette ugly so I decided to depot it and throw away the palette. Sob.. I don’t like throwing out palettes especially beautiful ones. 

nars maui and palmbeach, bitsandtreats

They still smell a bit like moth balls, no matter what I do. I tried ‘bathing’ them in alcohol and airing them out to no avail. I still use them though from time to time.

Here are swatches:

nars maui and palm beach swatches, bitsandtreats

As you can see, Palm Beach is too dark for me so I don’t use it. I used it a few times before just around my hairline and my neck. These are both cream-based. I think Palm Beach will look fabulous on tanned skin on the beach. It shimmers, giving the wearer a beautiful glow.

Maui is a nice blush you can wear every day. Now, to figure out a way to store these two pans…


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...