Skip to main content

The Magnum

Most of you are already familiar with this mascara. Perhaps you’ve already used it. But if you’re still contemplating on buying The Magnum, read on.

maybelline the magnum volum' express waterproof mascara, by bitsandtreatsMaybelline The Magnum Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara 

I bought this Maybelline mascara in June when it was on sale. As you can see, I only got it for Php343.20 whereas the original price is Php400+.

I didn’t immediately use it because I still had my Cat Eyes mascara.
So, what do I love about The Magnum? At the top of my list is it doesn’t hurt my eyes nor makes it itch unless I sweat a lot and it gets into my eyes along with dirt and pollution. That happens rarely.

the magnum mascara wand, by bitsandtreats

I like the fact that it doesn’t clump as much as other mascaras do. It clumps, but only a little and also very rarely. I love the curved head of the wand that makes application smooth and easy. I love how soft the bristles are that applying mascara feels like getting a mini massage. I love how intense the black is and that I only need one coat for everyday wear.

the magnum wand, by bitsandtreats

I love how easy it is to remove using the Maybelline Eye & Lip Makeup Remover. If I’m staying in the office, I don’t need to re-apply. I only did that once when we had an evening event to go to. The mascara didn’t budge the whole night! And the setting was outdoors and it was a bit windy, a bit hot, a bit humid that night. It showed beautifully in the pictures. The rest of my makeup was gone but this mascara still made my eyes look all made up.

maybelline the magnum wand, by bitsandtreats

I think the only thing I don’t like about this product is it dries up so fast. I’m supposed to chuck this at the end of August but I’ve noticed some time in July that it’s starting to dry up. But I think I’ll have enough until Monday then I’m finally buying a new one. I don’t stock on mascaras. I need to get the most out of one before buying another.

So which is better, Cat Eyes or The Magnum? I’d say they are both good, high quality, affordable mascaras. If I want dramatic eye lashes/eye look, I’d go for the Cat Eyes. The Magnum is great for everyday wear. Easy to apply, easy to remove. 

Comments

  1. Finding a really really good mascara is hard. I have some favourites already (the newest is from L'Oreal, also Max Factor and some MAC - see under category mascara on my blog). I also just got the new Chanel Inimitable Intense so there will be a post on that soon! Oh and I never reapply mascara because I find that it clumps that way. But if you want to reapply (to transform your look into a nighttime one, for example), the Bobbi Brown party mascara is supposed to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! How is the Colossal so far? I'm really curious about it, does it smudge?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately Kitten, we don't have the Colossal here. For our international readers, maybe you can help Kitten out. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi kitten! this is the magnum. i think only the magnum is available in these parts of asia. the colossal is only available in select countries. according to the maybelline SA, the colossal won't be available here. = )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...