Skip to main content

Do you want some volum’?

I bought this mascara in October and now it is nearing the end of its life. I know that this is a super duper late review so forgive me.

maybelline volum express hypercurl, by bitsandtreats

It was the time when I just chucked my Magnum mascara and was in dire need of a replacement. The Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara was out of stock and so I headed back to the Maybelline counter. I chose this because it’s only Php249 and I just needed an interim mascara. I didn’t have high expectations, not with the price, but I was surely in for a surprise.

maybelline volum express hypercurl mascara wand, by bitsandtreats

For a cheap mascara, this works wonders! The complete name is Volum’ Express Hypercurl 3-in-1 Mascara. Why 3-in-1? It promises to give amazing length, 3x more volume and a 75-degree curl in an instant. The bonus is it lasts for up to 18 hours without clumps. The first two promises are true. The 75-degree curl, I’m not too sure of. I wasn’t satisfied with it. I still needed to use an eyelash curler. The 18 hours thing, I haven’t tested yet and probably won’t but I can surely say that this lasts from the moment I apply it until I remove it at night. It didn’t clump during the first two months but now it’s starting to clump. I don’t know if the cold is contributing to it but I can now see more clumps on the brush. It also clumps up a bit on my eyelashes but nothing a quick tissue blot can’t fix.

I was also surprised that this doesn’t smudge below my eyes so I don’t get raccoon eyes after several hours. It doesn’t make my eyes itch although when I accidentally rub my eyes with this mascara still on, my eyes do get a bit irritated.

I also like the curved wand that makes application a breeze.

Here’s a photo of my bare lashes:

my bare eye lashes, by bitsandtreats


Here are EOTD shots using the Volum’ Express Hypercurl Mascara:

maybelline volum express hypercurl mascara on lashes, by bitsandtreats


maybelline volum express hypercurl mascara eotd, by bitsandtreats


maybelline hypercurl 3-in-1 mascara, by bitsandtreats


lashes by maybelline hypercurl 3-in-1, by bitsandtreats

I am definitely buying this again after I’ve exhausted all my mascara stocks. I recommend this mascara for working girls on a budget. You’ll surely get your money’s worth! It’s gentle for everyday use and not too showy for daytime looks, perfect for the office.

Eyeshadow: Maybelline Diamond Glow Eye Shadow Palette in Copper
Liner: Maybelline Gel Liner in Brown

Comments

  1. Applauds, nice EOTD! Love your eyeshadow color

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review E! =)

    My blog is virus free now. I hope you can drop by when you aren't busy.

    Advance happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kitten: Wow! After ilang shots un para makita ung kulay! Hahaha!

    @Sugar: Yes, I was browsing your blog last night but was too tired to read so I just looked at the pics. = ) will visit your blog again during the break. I love your new blog look!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Notes: For Your Journal Tonight

Come sit with me for a while. I have my journal open, and tonight I’ve been thinking about something I suspect I do more often than I realize. I turn healing into another thing I need to accomplish. I want to know when I’ll be over something. When I’ll stop thinking about it. When something that hurt will finally stop hurting. When I’ll feel like myself again. And somewhere along the way, healing quietly becomes another deadline. Another invisible date on a calendar. Another thing I can somehow be late for. But maybe healing doesn’t work particularly well under project management. Maybe there are things I will understand quickly and things I’ll have to revisit again and again. Maybe I’ll feel completely fine one day and unexpectedly tender the next. That doesn’t mean I’ve gone backwards. It means I’m still moving through it. I remember one day, many years ago, when I had fibromyalgia. I lived in constant pain. I just couldn’t get a good day. And then one day, in the office...

Used to the Last Drop: The Ones I’d Already Told You About

  There’s something particularly satisfying about finishing a product you’ve already written about. Not testing it. Not forming first impressions. Not wondering whether I’ll still like it three weeks from now. Finished. My Molang Honey sheet masks and this body scrub both made it all the way to the end. (Finally for the Molang sheet masks, right?) I’ve reviewed both before, so I won’t review them all over again here. But perhaps using something until there is nothing left to use is its own kind of review. Beauty products come through my bathroom rather frequently. Some are lovely for a week. Some get pushed to the back of a shelf. Some simply stop working for me. And then there are the ones that quietly disappear because I kept reaching for them. Maybe an empty container is the shortest review of all. I liked it enough to finish it. If you want to read my thought about these products, just type them on my search bar. —- With elegance and quiet fire, Lady E Founder, Glow by Lady E...

The Pleasure of Leaving It Behind

  I really liked this dress. Enough that I stood there looking at it for far longer than necessary, having that familiar little debate with myself. It was black. Simple. Very me. I could already imagine how I would wear it. There was only one problem. The fabric was thick. And perhaps in another climate, or another version of my life, that wouldn’t matter very much. But I live in the Philippines. We’re going through El Niño. Heat and I are already not particularly good friends, and my histamine sensitivity has made me even less willing to wear something that might leave me uncomfortable simply because it looks good. Still, I stood there. Because sometimes walking away from something we like is strangely difficult, even when we already know it isn’t right for us. We start negotiating. Maybe I’ll only wear it indoors. Maybe the fabric isn’t that thick. Maybe I’ll regret leaving it behind. Then I realized I was trying awfully hard to convince myself to buy something my body had alrea...