Skip to main content

Failed Perfection

I had very high hopes for this mascara, what for its price and all but it turned out to be a complete disaster.

maybelline pulse perfection vibrating mascara, by bitsandtreats

I thought that since almost all the Maybelline mascaras that I’ve tried rocked, this one will surpass them all. After all, it’s the most expensive at Php699.

maybelline pulse perfection waterproof vibrating mascara, by bitsandtreats

I love the packaging. Black and gold always looks sleek and sexy in my book.  Here’s the wand:

maybelline pulse perfection vibrating mascara wand, by bitsandtreats

There’s nothing special there except for the vibrating effect. The neck is made of flimsy material. I thought it would break the first time I used it. I accidentally struck the case with the head of the wand and the neck bended a little.

You just push a button at the end of the cap to make it vibrate. It’s not a big vibration. I almost feel that the vibration is useless as the mascara still clumps up on my lashes. Those are the most clumps that I’ve ever experienced with a mascara. Even the ELF mascara didn’t clump like that. This is the reason why I didn’t take a photo. Even after blotting with a tissue, there were still some visible clumps.

I also don’t know how long the battery will last. I only used this twice. Why? Because my lashes started falling off! Since Kitten complimented me on my long lashes, I’ve been giving them extra care. I didn’t bother with my lashes before but when Kitten pointed that out, I became very conscious of them, applying mascara and eye products with extra care to maintain them.  On my first use, one lash fell. I don’t know if it’s the vibrating effect or the product itself is too strong for my sensitive eyes/skin/(possibly lashes). I shrugged it off thinking that it’s nothing. Throughout the day, I’ve experienced some itching and more falling lashes. When I finally removed it in the afternoon, about 2 more lashes fell. It took some effort to remove the mascara so I thought that I just pulled my lashes. I also thought that my constant rubbing did it.

On my second day, 2 lashes immediately fell about a couple of minutes after application. That’s when I got concerned. This time, I observed what will happen. My eyes became itchy because the lashes at the edge keep poking them. Sometimes there’s this feeling that there’s something in my eye but when I check, it’s all clear. In the afternoon, I was extra careful in removing my eye makeup but darn it! More lashes fell! So that was it. I gave the tube to my mom this morning, telling her of my experience and hoping that the mascara works out nicely for her.

Good thing I bought it on sale otherwise I would really be heartbroken. So, the Maybelline Pulse Perfection Waterproof Vibrating Mascara was a big failure for me. Have you tried this mascara yet?

Comments

  1. errmmm... >o<" that's scary e. it's a good thing you decided to stop using the mascara. will definitely be staying away from it. :/ scurrryyyyy #___#

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's one weird effect for a mascara, thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kitten: Maybe the formula is just really strong. Haay... Sayang.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Notes: For Your Journal Tonight

Come sit with me for a while. I have my journal open, and tonight I’ve been thinking about something I suspect I do more often than I realize. I turn healing into another thing I need to accomplish. I want to know when I’ll be over something. When I’ll stop thinking about it. When something that hurt will finally stop hurting. When I’ll feel like myself again. And somewhere along the way, healing quietly becomes another deadline. Another invisible date on a calendar. Another thing I can somehow be late for. But maybe healing doesn’t work particularly well under project management. Maybe there are things I will understand quickly and things I’ll have to revisit again and again. Maybe I’ll feel completely fine one day and unexpectedly tender the next. That doesn’t mean I’ve gone backwards. It means I’m still moving through it. I remember one day, many years ago, when I had fibromyalgia. I lived in constant pain. I just couldn’t get a good day. And then one day, in the office...

Used to the Last Drop: The Ones I’d Already Told You About

  There’s something particularly satisfying about finishing a product you’ve already written about. Not testing it. Not forming first impressions. Not wondering whether I’ll still like it three weeks from now. Finished. My Molang Honey sheet masks and this body scrub both made it all the way to the end. (Finally for the Molang sheet masks, right?) I’ve reviewed both before, so I won’t review them all over again here. But perhaps using something until there is nothing left to use is its own kind of review. Beauty products come through my bathroom rather frequently. Some are lovely for a week. Some get pushed to the back of a shelf. Some simply stop working for me. And then there are the ones that quietly disappear because I kept reaching for them. Maybe an empty container is the shortest review of all. I liked it enough to finish it. If you want to read my thought about these products, just type them on my search bar. —- With elegance and quiet fire, Lady E Founder, Glow by Lady E...

The Pleasure of Leaving It Behind

  I really liked this dress. Enough that I stood there looking at it for far longer than necessary, having that familiar little debate with myself. It was black. Simple. Very me. I could already imagine how I would wear it. There was only one problem. The fabric was thick. And perhaps in another climate, or another version of my life, that wouldn’t matter very much. But I live in the Philippines. We’re going through El Niño. Heat and I are already not particularly good friends, and my histamine sensitivity has made me even less willing to wear something that might leave me uncomfortable simply because it looks good. Still, I stood there. Because sometimes walking away from something we like is strangely difficult, even when we already know it isn’t right for us. We start negotiating. Maybe I’ll only wear it indoors. Maybe the fabric isn’t that thick. Maybe I’ll regret leaving it behind. Then I realized I was trying awfully hard to convince myself to buy something my body had alrea...