Skip to main content

Seeing Red

red lipsticks, by bitsandtreats



maybelline colorsensational lipstick in wine, by bitsandtreats
Maybelline Colorsensational in Wine


maybelline colorsensational lipstick in brick rose, by bitsandtreats
Maybelline Colorsensational in Brick Rose


maybelline watershine pure lipstick in r22, by bitsandtreats
Maybelline Water Shine Pure in R22


avon ultra moisture lipstick in rose gold, by bitsandtreats
Avon Ultra Moisture Rich  in Rose Gold


clinique long last lipstick in berry freeze, by bitsandtreats
Clinique Long Last Lipstick in Berry Freeze


I have no idea why red lipsticks look somewhat pink on my lips.

Wine and Brick Rose are kinda tricky to apply. I didn’t swatch them when I bought them because at that time I just wanted to buy red lipsticks, period. I sometimes layer these with other shades. I think Wine is very pretty on very fair girls.

R22 is a very pretty shade. It’s also easy to apply and it stays true to its water shine name.

I love Rose Gold because it has tiny gold specks that make my lips oh so pretty.

This is the first time I’ve swiped Berry Freeze and I was surprised that  it complements my natural lip color very well. I think I’ll be using this more often.

If you like wearing red lipstick, here are a few tips that might come in handy. This is what I do. It may or may not work for you.

Start with smooth lips. Be sure to slough off all those annoying dry skin cells as they will definitely show up when you apply red lipstick.

Apply lip balm. Allow this to set a little or you can just blot.

Apply some lip concealer or liquid foundation using your finger. Make sure that it’s an even application

Line your lips with lip liner. You can use a red or a pink shade that is close to your lipstick. I only have one lip liner from Avon and that’s what I used for all the swatches. Line your lips with feather like strokes. Fill in the lips and blend, blend, blend. You don’t want to end up with outlined lips once your lipstick fades.

Swipe some of the lipstick in the middle. Do not let the lipstick touch the edges of your lips.

Use a lip brush to fill in other areas and to clearly define your lip shape. Now you’re ready to show off your beautiful red lips!

What’s your favorite red lipstick?

Comments

  1. doesn't putting concealer on the lips makes the lip color appear lighter sa lips?

    the maybelline color scensational in wine looks much more red on you.

    As for me, the maybelline scensational soft azallea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wonder if this is the same material used by the bank tellers? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @cafemobility: hindi, mas red ung sa knila!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kitten: uhm... for me the shade was more of a match to its original color. if I apply it without concealer, it's too pink. i guess it depends on your lip shade?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...