Skip to main content

L'Oreal Glossy Balm


I am not a huge fan of lip gloss. I just don't like the sticky feel and I don't like my hair sticking to my lips. I'm pretty sure there are newer products out there that are not sticky but still, the damage has been done and I don't wanna go back there. 

I don't like lip gloss but I do like a good lip balm, especially a tinted one like this from L'Oreal. The shade is My Babydoll and it looks like this:


My lips are also acidic so after an hour or so, the tint gets just gets a tad darker which is okay. What I like about this is that I don't need to use a lip balm before I apply it. It's both a lip balm and a lipstick. When I'm rushing, I use this product. I'm normally a lip balm + lip stick gal but this is also a great alternative. 

The color payoff is good and it lasts for a fair amount of time considering it's a drugstore product. The packaging is quite nice, very Clinique Chubby Stick like. But, given a choice between this and the Clinique Chubby Stick, I'll take my original Chubby Sticks any time, any day, thank you very much. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...