Skip to main content

Upping My Sun Protection


After this event and my conversation with the guest dermatologist, I thought about getting really serious about my sun protection. I use a few products every now and then but this time, I was determined to make it a part of my daily regimen. 

Fortunately, I went on an impromptu trip to Watsons before leaving for Singapore last year. I discovered this Sun Protect and White Sunscreen from Nivea. It's safe to apply on the face. I was really scared, I have to admit because I have super sensitive skin but turns out, I have nothing to worry about. The blue logo has been a trusted brand in my house for many years. I am so glad I tried this. It's not sticky at all. It actually feels like moisturizer, just a tad thicker in consistency. It easily gets absorbed by my skin. I'm not really sure if it gives me a white cast because I am acidic but I think you can easily cover that up with foundation or even this product. 

I wanted to stock up on a few travel toiletries and one of the products on my list was a good sunscreen. Most of you know how hot the weather gets in Singapore. This one from Nivea is good to use on the face and the body so I brought it with me. 

While in Singapore, I spotted this cute Sunplay sunscreen and it's a whopping 130 SPF. It was included in the 3 for SGD5 promo so I got three. Not. Regretting. It. At. All. This is liquid sunscreen that is easily absorbed by my skin. I apply it before going out. It's not sticky and the smell is okay. It's not great but it's also not offending. I'm down to my second bottle. Sunplay is also available in Watsons and the slightly bigger bottle costs Php300+. I have yet to explore PCX to find this product. 

Summer is coming up fast so you better start upping your sun protection too! Maybe these products will suit you well. Let me know in the comments below. I'd also like to know what your favorite sunscreen is. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...