Skip to main content

E.L.F. Corrective Concealer


Because I soooooo wanted to do the bride's makeup back in Iligan, I secretly hoarded makeup. Secretly because I know MB wouldn't approve (hoarding makeup) plus the fact that I wasn't even really sure if I was going there. I was eyeing this concealer palette from Cinema Secrets but ran the other direction as soon as I saw the price - give or take a thousand bucks.  I found this corrective concealer palette from E.L.F. 6 days before we flew to Iligan. Talk about a good sign! (Or so I thought). This was the only thing missing in my makeup arsenal. But you all know how that story ended.

Anyway, it has 4 shades:
Nude and beige shades to conceal problem areas, green shade to neutralize redness (we all know that) and lilac to brighten dull yellow tones. I'm yellow but the lilac is the least used shade in my palette. Yeah, I'm yellow compared to MB.

It's not a good idea to use this product alone. It doesn't give you enough coverage unless you pile it on. I use this to conceal my zit marks from taking too much drugs (hehe ----> steroids). The green shade does the trick then I put on either the beige or nude depending on the intensity of the discoloration. Don't put this under your eyes. It creases. It's also hard to apply unless you use your fingers. It's also not a good idea to put this on the sides of your nose. Same reason - it creases. 

One thing good about this product though is its versatility/flexibility. It can be used with all the concealers in my vanity. It's especially great with the Etude House Surprise Concealer Stick.  You can also tap the Ellana Concealer in Awake over it but be sure to blend, blend, blend. I've also used this with another E.L.F concealer (which I will write about soon) and it still performs well. 

Here's the applicator:
I was really surprised with this applicator! It's the very first applicator (that I found) included in a set that is not useless! That is, if you have the luxury of time to carefully and leisurely apply concealer. The brush head is too small. It takes such a long time to cover up. I use my Charm concealer brush instead. But you can still use this for smaller areas. Or if you're really OC about concealing problem spots.

The price is P249.75 and you can buy it at Beauty by SM. Will I repurchase? YES! The benefits outweigh the disadvantages. Or until I find an alternative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...