Skip to main content

A Much Needed Break

Sorry I haven’t been blogging. I wasn’t feeling well. I’ve had frequent attacks but nothing to worry about. Because of that, MB and I decided to go on a quick getaway in the city.

This is where we will be staying for the next couple of days:

a.venue living area, by bitsandtreats
Living Area

a.venue dining area, by bitsandtreats
Dining Area

a.venue kitchen, by bitsandtreats
Kitchen

a.venue outside study, by bitsandtreats
Outside study

a.venue bedroom, by bitsandtreats
Bedroom

Poor MB was having migraine attacks and so he conked out the minute he hit the bed. I had to go out and buy food as we haven’t had lunch yet.

This is where I’m blogging now:

a.venue study table, by bitsandtreats
Study table

It opens up to this:

a.venue study table opened, by bitsandtreats

All the tables open up like that. It has a mirror inside.

We haven’t gone far. We’re just at A. Venue Suites. So far, I like it here. I didn’t take a pic of the bathroom as it was ugly. Yeah. It’s tiny and there isn’t enough space for my toiletries. It’s too cramped.

We also don’t have any intentions of eating at the restaurant as we’ve been there and the food was not nice. Maybe they’ve improved but I don’t want to bet my money on it.

Our lunch on the other hand, was from Sicilian. I ordered a Hawaiian Pizza and seafood marinara pasta. The pizza was okay but the pasta was a huge disappointment. Wait, these should be on my other blog – 240 baon + 365 meals! Haha! Well anyway, that’s that. I also got MB one cup of chocolate mint ice cream to make him feel better.

There’s no internet here and I’m using Tatoo. I promise I’ll write some posts and will upload them whenever possible. But I’m pretty sure that there will be regular posts in the coming week. This is a perfect place to blog.

How are you spending your long weekend? 

Comments

  1. The place looks pretty nice, I'm surprised that the bathroom is not pretty though, if you didn't post the picture it must be that errr.. not picture worth it huh? hehe.

    How long will you be staying there? There's a Sicilian restaurant at Alphaland but after what you said good thing we haven't eaten there yet. Looking forward for that blog of yours.

    Weekend will be spent at work for me, haha. Do take care E!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, not worth the pic. the pasta was terrible but the pizza was okay. we stayed until yesterday. thanks kitten! i'll upload backlog posts na. I couldn't upload when we were there. i had a hard time connecting using tatoo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Notes: For Your Journal Tonight

Come sit with me for a while. I have my journal open, and tonight I’ve been thinking about something I suspect I do more often than I realize. I turn healing into another thing I need to accomplish. I want to know when I’ll be over something. When I’ll stop thinking about it. When something that hurt will finally stop hurting. When I’ll feel like myself again. And somewhere along the way, healing quietly becomes another deadline. Another invisible date on a calendar. Another thing I can somehow be late for. But maybe healing doesn’t work particularly well under project management. Maybe there are things I will understand quickly and things I’ll have to revisit again and again. Maybe I’ll feel completely fine one day and unexpectedly tender the next. That doesn’t mean I’ve gone backwards. It means I’m still moving through it. I remember one day, many years ago, when I had fibromyalgia. I lived in constant pain. I just couldn’t get a good day. And then one day, in the office...

Used to the Last Drop: The Ones I’d Already Told You About

  There’s something particularly satisfying about finishing a product you’ve already written about. Not testing it. Not forming first impressions. Not wondering whether I’ll still like it three weeks from now. Finished. My Molang Honey sheet masks and this body scrub both made it all the way to the end. (Finally for the Molang sheet masks, right?) I’ve reviewed both before, so I won’t review them all over again here. But perhaps using something until there is nothing left to use is its own kind of review. Beauty products come through my bathroom rather frequently. Some are lovely for a week. Some get pushed to the back of a shelf. Some simply stop working for me. And then there are the ones that quietly disappear because I kept reaching for them. Maybe an empty container is the shortest review of all. I liked it enough to finish it. If you want to read my thought about these products, just type them on my search bar. —- With elegance and quiet fire, Lady E Founder, Glow by Lady E...

The Pleasure of Leaving It Behind

  I really liked this dress. Enough that I stood there looking at it for far longer than necessary, having that familiar little debate with myself. It was black. Simple. Very me. I could already imagine how I would wear it. There was only one problem. The fabric was thick. And perhaps in another climate, or another version of my life, that wouldn’t matter very much. But I live in the Philippines. We’re going through El Niño. Heat and I are already not particularly good friends, and my histamine sensitivity has made me even less willing to wear something that might leave me uncomfortable simply because it looks good. Still, I stood there. Because sometimes walking away from something we like is strangely difficult, even when we already know it isn’t right for us. We start negotiating. Maybe I’ll only wear it indoors. Maybe the fabric isn’t that thick. Maybe I’ll regret leaving it behind. Then I realized I was trying awfully hard to convince myself to buy something my body had alrea...