Skip to main content

Bags, Daydreams, and a Cinderella Moment




It was supposed to be a quick stop.

I had come to pick up my Cinderella shoes—slip ons that I saw at Greenbelt, but they didn't have my size. While waiting, I wandered into the quiet sanctuary of the boutique floor, the kind where time seems to hush and everything feels like a promise.



I wasn’t there to shop. But how could I not linger? I love Charles & Keith boutiques. I love the way they showcase each piece. And all around me were pieces of art. Creams, caramels, blush tones and matte blacks… they didn’t scream for attention. They whispered. That’s the charm of Charles & Keith. Minimalism that tells a story, if you’re quiet enough to listen.

Maybe it’s the writer in me, but I don’t see fashion as just function or trend. I see stories. I imagine scenes. I craft entire personalities in my mind the moment I lay eyes on something beautiful.

And those bags? They were characters waiting for their entrance.

That little bucket bag above, playful and sweet, with flower charms swaying gently from the side. She made me think of someone who still blushes at handwritten letters, who presses wildflowers into old books and always wears something vintage.

I'm in love with those flower charms and almost got them.. Perhaps I will, next time. 


I liked this tote but there's no zipper and that's a big no in my book



That soft cream satchel with the gentlest of curves. I imagined her owner: someone who always arrives ten minutes early, who writes in cafés and reads poetry under trees. She’s the woman you notice because she’s not trying to be noticed. For me, she's a hard worker and an even harder player. 



This bag reminds me of that girl friend we all seem to have at one point in our lives. She's not too serious at work, but she doesn't slack either. She likes going out after work, maybe a drink with her girl friends while eyeing the cutie at the bar? She likes to have fun and her bag has to be versatile. Something that can go from 9 to 5 and 6 to 10 pm..on a weeknight! 

This is the bag of that woman who can't be bothered to change her bag according to her outfit. She'd rather have fun than think about whether her bag matches her outfit. 



Then came the structured white tote, cool and confident. That one? She belongs to the woman who closes deals before lunch and sips her latte like it’s champagne. Everything about her is intentional. Sharp eyeliner. Clean lines. A calendar that only she controls.

That fortune cookie charm made me do a double take. I had to go and look at it up close, to feel it in my hands. I think I'm getting that next time, as well.

Each bag made me feel something. Stirred something. The same way certain songs do. Or certain scents.

And that’s the beauty of fashion that tells stories—it doesn't have to be yours for you to feel connected. It just has to remind you of a version of yourself you might want to meet again… or become.

I left the boutique with only my Cinderella shoes in hand, which my very sweet son surprised me with. At the till, he whispered, "Mom, I'm going to buy this for you. Consider it an early birthday gift." Oh, my heart. I almost cried at the store. 

As we walked out of the boutique,  I carried those scenes with me. The imagined lives. The quiet elegance of it all. 

This isn’t a bag review.

It's just a moment. A window into the soft, secret daydreams of a writer who sees stories everywhere… even in handbags.

Tell me, Glow Girl—if you were one of my bag muses today, which one would you be?

---


'Til my next post,
Stay soft. Stay strong. Stay Glowing.
LET'S GLOW.

With elegance and quiet fire, 

Lady E


💌 Connect with me on  Insta: behind-the-scenes, daily sparks, and more.
📚 Created by a registered NBDB author, these children’s books and homeschool workbooks are made to help your child learn with ease.
💻 Grab your copies now on Gumroad

 🍽 Craving comfort food stories and recipes? Visit my food blog: Lady E Eats
🛒 🎁 Looking for toys, learning materials, school supplies,  and thoughtful finds? Visit my Shopee: Isaac's Gift Shop
💫 I write, I cook, I create — with love, always.

✈️ Our Binondo staycation was featured by Ramada by Wyndham Manila Central! Read about our Soft Luxe experience here 💖


 P. S.

Don't forget to get your Glow Cards!

👉 Grab your Glow Cards here – available now on Gumroad

👉 Get your very own Pantry Ledger here.


🤝 For Collaborations & Features

If you’re a brand, PR agency, or fellow creative who believes in adding beauty, meaning, and intention to everyday life, I’d love to hear from you. Whether it’s a product you’d like me to try, a place you’d love me to experience, or a story waiting to be told — let’s create something lovely together.

📩 Send me a message on:

✨ Instagram

💖 Facebook


Or simply leave a comment and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...