Skip to main content

Lady E's Vanity


I ran across a few pictures of a vanity in a blog the other day. So I thought I'd take a picture of mine and post it here. I think my vanity is interesting enough to have its own space.

I love my books as much as I love my makeup and I thought my vanity would look better with the books mixed in. I also needed the book space. I have too many books! These are some of my favorites. I love Jostein Gaarder, Paulo Coelho, Umberto Eco and Sophie Kinsella. I also have a few other authors that I like but I have yet to buy their books. I promised myself I will set aside some time this year to read 12 books. I already finished 2. I still have 3 here to go. So that means I only need to buy 7. I put the Twilight books there because they're black. They go nicely with my black Fashion 21 palette and my Etude House Beauty Box. 

The little guy is actually a mini flashlight. It's quite bright for its size. That's the Hello Kitty baby wipes that I talked about in a previous post. I just ordered this huge shampoo from Human Heart Nature. Read my review here. I'm just waiting for my other bottle to run out and then I'll transfer this to the bathroom.



In the middle is my lipstick/lip balm organizer which I saved from my broken Caboodles organizer. It also houses my eye liners, concealer and mascara. I used to put my brushes, scissors and eyelash curlers here until I bought that stand from Etude House.  

Those are my earrings, mostly made by me. Next is my Bible. And on the far right is my necklace and bracelet tree. Most of the accessories are also made by me. If you want to buy any of my original, one-of-a-kind pieces, look me up in ebay. We are manilathriftstyle. They are mostly made from plastic, Indian and semi-precious beads. The prices are very affordable. 

Oh, I almost forgot. That's my Zen mp3 player on top of the books. Yes, I use an old school player because it's cheap and it suits me just fine. The speaker, I bought at Anson's for only Php150. It folds into a cube and is powered by 4 AAA batteries. The red and fuchsia look nice together.

The rest of my makeup, I keep in the drawer. On the right side is a cabinet connected to the vanity which houses my lotions, perfume, colognes, etc. It has a full length mirror on the other side. 

I wanna see your vanity! Send me a link to your blog or Facebook and I'll feature it here. Just be sure to write a few things about yourself and about your vanity. 

Comments

  1. thanks kitten! it doesn't look like that anymore! Haha! I'm planning to redecorate. = )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...