Skip to main content

Bearberry Yogurt

It’s not something that you eat. This is food for your face. This is the second mask that I’ve tried. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out as great as the Montagne Jeunesse.

avon naturals bearberry yoghurt facial mask, by bitsandtreats

At least it’s cheaper. Got this for Php79, I think. It was on promo. Got it from my favorite Avon Lady. The regular price is around Php112.

avon naturals bearberry facial mask, by bitsandtreats

Packaging is like The Face Shop’s masks. There are four packs in a set. I just hate the fact that I couldn’t open it on my own. I had to ask MB to peel off the top and even he got pissed. On my second use, I just got a cutter because MB was not around.

One pack is good for 2 applications or 1 lavish application. I prefer the one lavish application so that I wouldn’t be troubled with the leftovers.

avon bearberry facial mask, by bitsandtreats


I apply this all over my face and neck area. Leave for 10 minutes. It promises to whiten your skin. It didn’t whiten my face. It just brightened it up a bit… and made it itch. On my first use, I thought that my face was just adjusting. I applied Celeteque moisturizer to ease the itchiness. On my second application, I immediately applied Celeteque after I washed the mask off and I still had a few rashes so that’s when I decided to stop. I think the trouble were the beads. The two unopened packs will be added to my giveaway.

This mask is not for sensitive skin but I think it will work fine on normal skin. My face was soft until morning. It was a bit oily but that’s probably because of the Celeteque or the combination of both.

The scent is nice. It smelled like strawberries. I’m not familiar with bearberries but a quick Google gave me this:

“Bearberry extract is reputed to have antibacterial and antioxidant properties that may be beneficial for cleansing the skin and improving its appearance.”

It’s not bad to give this a try especially if you have an Avon lady handy. Just wait for the promo so in case it doesn’t work out for you, at least you didn’t pay full price. More masks soon!

Comments

  1. i wish masks would also fit on men's faces which are slightly enlarged. or else i would be disheartened as to why they have sizes on anti-reproduction latex but not on facial masks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, there's a line of face masks for men at The Face Shop!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...