Skip to main content

Vacation Day 2–Breakfast and Muji

Sunday morning was spent with a wonderful breakfast at The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf at A. Venue. We ordered Brek O’Day which included some bread, butter, strawberry jam, scrambled eggs, chicken sausages and dried apricots and dates with syrup. We upgraded this to include hot choco. One set costs around Php225.

The bread was good but I didn’t like the chicken sausage. The skin was too tough so I had to scrape off the meat inside. I don’t eat hotdogs because I can’t digest them. I thought the chicken sausage would be a good alternative but I was wrong. At least I was able to digest them. I liked the dates but not the apricots. I think it wasn’t a good combination. The apricots were too bland and chewy.I don’t like spending too much time chewing my breakfast.  Starbucks’s signature hot chocolate still rocks.

We also got one of these:

the coffee bean and tea leaf swirl rewards card, by bitsandtreats
The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Swirl Card

This is like the advantage card for coffee and tea lovers. You get points every time you buy and you can use those points to buy more drinks or get upgrades! You also get free internet!

After breakfast, we explored the hotel and went to the pool. We didn’t go swimming. We just looked around.

We also visited Muji. I was very excited to hear that Muji was coming to Manila a few months back. When I finally got to the store, I was disappointed. It’s like Anonymous meets Beabi but double to triple the price! Maybe there are a lot of people who find the stuff at Muji affordable but I don’t. Take for example their pens and stationery. I even overheard one dad tell his daughter, “Wag yan. Masyadong mahal yan. Pag ganyan lang, mag National ka na lang.”  The colored pens cost a thousand pesos. I rest my case.

Here are the things that got my attention:

muji skin care, by bitsandtreats
Muji Beauty Products


muji soaps, by bitsandtreats
Muji Soaps

muji beauty, by bitsandtreats
More soaps

muji dispensers, by bitsandtreats
Muji dispensers

I wanted to try the beauty products but something inside me told me not to. When in doubt, I usually just don’t. Do you know what I mean? Muji has a lot of products to offer but I don’t think they specialize in beauty products. Sure, there are good reviews for some of their products but I don’t want to take my chances especially with my sensitive skin. What do you think?

The dispensers and travel stuff are priced okay. The prices are not far from Beabi’s. The tableware also caught my eye but I didn’t take a photo of them anymore. At this point, I was losing interest in Muji. The plate that I liked costs Php395! That’s just one plate! It’s just plain white with divisions and I just don’t have the heart to shell out Php800 for two plates. Because of my frustration, I bought a set of cheap tableware which you will see if you read my food blog. I think Saizen has a better selection of Kitchen and Dining products.

Will I visit Muji again? Not in the near future. Maybe when the one at Powerplant opens.

The rest of the afternoon was spent watching Cable TV. We don’t have cable at home so we devoured all the Discovery Channel and Lifestyle network shows until we couldn’t keep our eyes open anymore.

Stay tuned for the conclusion of our mini break!

Comments

  1. I love dates. I don't know what's with MUJI that people are excited about, I'm just bleh about it, maybe it's just me. haha.


    Buti ka pa you can work Life style network with MB, ako I can't M gets bored watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dates too! Well, MB doesn't have a choice. haha! pero he likes watching the cooking shows din naman. sometimes the beauty and fashion shows as well. But after a while, he goes out to watch discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracie! I think it's worth a look if you're in the area but if you are coming from someplace far, then I suggest wag na lang! The items are too expensive for something that's supposed to be generic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Notes: For Your Journal Tonight

Come sit with me for a while. I have my journal open, and tonight I’ve been thinking about something I suspect I do more often than I realize. I turn healing into another thing I need to accomplish. I want to know when I’ll be over something. When I’ll stop thinking about it. When something that hurt will finally stop hurting. When I’ll feel like myself again. And somewhere along the way, healing quietly becomes another deadline. Another invisible date on a calendar. Another thing I can somehow be late for. But maybe healing doesn’t work particularly well under project management. Maybe there are things I will understand quickly and things I’ll have to revisit again and again. Maybe I’ll feel completely fine one day and unexpectedly tender the next. That doesn’t mean I’ve gone backwards. It means I’m still moving through it. I remember one day, many years ago, when I had fibromyalgia. I lived in constant pain. I just couldn’t get a good day. And then one day, in the office...

Used to the Last Drop: The Ones I’d Already Told You About

  There’s something particularly satisfying about finishing a product you’ve already written about. Not testing it. Not forming first impressions. Not wondering whether I’ll still like it three weeks from now. Finished. My Molang Honey sheet masks and this body scrub both made it all the way to the end. (Finally for the Molang sheet masks, right?) I’ve reviewed both before, so I won’t review them all over again here. But perhaps using something until there is nothing left to use is its own kind of review. Beauty products come through my bathroom rather frequently. Some are lovely for a week. Some get pushed to the back of a shelf. Some simply stop working for me. And then there are the ones that quietly disappear because I kept reaching for them. Maybe an empty container is the shortest review of all. I liked it enough to finish it. If you want to read my thought about these products, just type them on my search bar. —- With elegance and quiet fire, Lady E Founder, Glow by Lady E...

The Pleasure of Leaving It Behind

  I really liked this dress. Enough that I stood there looking at it for far longer than necessary, having that familiar little debate with myself. It was black. Simple. Very me. I could already imagine how I would wear it. There was only one problem. The fabric was thick. And perhaps in another climate, or another version of my life, that wouldn’t matter very much. But I live in the Philippines. We’re going through El Niño. Heat and I are already not particularly good friends, and my histamine sensitivity has made me even less willing to wear something that might leave me uncomfortable simply because it looks good. Still, I stood there. Because sometimes walking away from something we like is strangely difficult, even when we already know it isn’t right for us. We start negotiating. Maybe I’ll only wear it indoors. Maybe the fabric isn’t that thick. Maybe I’ll regret leaving it behind. Then I realized I was trying awfully hard to convince myself to buy something my body had alrea...