Skip to main content

What I Packed in My Baguio Vanity Kit (2025 Edition)


Back in 2015, I shared How I Packed My Baguio Vanity Kit — and looking back, I realize how timeless some of those essentials were. This year, I returned to the cool Baguio breeze with a curated kit of products that do it all: hydrate, enhance, and perform — even in mountain weather.

My vanity kit this time? Fierce and functional, housed in a bold red NARS pouch that I got last year as a GWP. Thank you, NARS!  Here's a peek at what made the cut:

💄 NARS Foundation
Weightless, buildable, and my skin but better. A must for evenings out and cozy café moments. Since getting MCAS/Histamine flares and rosacea, this NARS foundation has been my go-to foundation to cover up all the rashes and the redness on my face. Let me know in the comments if you want a review for red/acne/rosacea prone skin. 

🎨 Bobbi Brown Palette
For subtle daytime definition and quick smoky eyes at night. It also includes a blush!

✨ Chanel Eyebrow Kit
I used to use Bobbi Brown eyeshadows for my brows but the shades were out of stock when I tried to buy them so I went exploring and discovered this kit. This is now my HG! Let me know if you want a review. Drop a comment below!

💗 Laneige Lip Mask in Cotton Candy
My current HG lip moisturizer. Read my review here. 

🌸 Essence Fun Fair Around the Rosy Blush
It's very rare that I wear blush because of the redness from rosacea but when I'm in Baguio, my skin calms down so I thought I'd bring this. It was too pink even when I just lightly swiped it. It was nice in the morning but was already too pink in the afternoon as the foundation wore off. The redness of my skin amplified it. But it's actually a nice shade to get that k-beauty look. 

🎯 Tools I Trust

  • Bobbi Brown lip brush
  • The Face Shop eyebrow brosh
  • My trusty Shu Uemura eyelash curler
  • Miniso Foundation Brushes (yes! Miniso has some fabulous makeup brushes!)
  • Brow spoolie
  • Makeup sponges (in case I need precision work)


Not in the photo: Miniso eyeshadow brushes and Ruby New Lipstick
I brought them but forgot to photograph them! 😅

👜 Why this kit works
It’s big,  functional, and contains multi-use items. Nothing is in here just because. Every product earns its space. I love this kit because I can put a ton of things in it! The kit itself is not heavy nor bulky. It just adjusts to its contents. I usually put this in my backpack. Why there and not my luggage? I'll tell you in a future post so be sure to watch out for that. 



Want to see the old kit from 10 years ago?
Read: How I Packed My Baguio Vanity Kit (2015) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...