Skip to main content

For When I’m Mom…For When I’m Me

 


We started a book club. 

Just some former students and family. 

Some days, I read for him.

Lightning, quests, monsters, boys learning how to be brave.
The kind of stories that move fast, where the world is loud and alive and everything feels possible.

And then…
there are the other days.

Where I reach for something slower.
Denser.
A world that doesn’t rush to explain itself.

Where time stretches.
Where loneliness has a shape.
Where beauty lingers a little too long.

It made me realize—
I don’t read just one kind of story.

Because I’m not just one kind of person.

There is the version of me that sits beside my son,
turning pages with him,
meeting him where he is.

Asking questions to him and his peers. 

Asking them to write about the things they read. 


And there is the woman who still seeks her own depth,
her own questions,
her own quiet.

(And I’m rediscovering her. 

For years I’ve kept her quiet. 

My crowns demand a lot from me. 

But now, I’m finally letting her out.

I’m carving out time for the things that were once a big part of my life.) 



Both are real.
Both are mine.

And it took one impulsive decision to start a book club and make both worlds exist on the same table.


—-


With elegance and quiet fire,
Lady E


Founder, Glow by Lady E 
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...