Skip to main content

I Feed My Hair Before I Style It

 



Some things don’t start in front of the mirror.

They start long before that.

In what I choose to eat.
In what I cook in my kitchen.
In how I take care of myself on ordinary days.

Because hair… skin… even energy…
they remember.

They remember what you fed your body yesterday.
Last week.
Over time. 

So before I think about styling my hair,
I think about how I’ve been living.

Am I nourishing myself?
Or just getting through the day?

Am I nourishing my skin? My hair?


There was a time when I focused only on products.

Serums. Treatments. Styling tricks.

But now, I’ve learned something quieter.

Beauty responds to consistency.

To small, repeated choices.




Protein. Fresh food. Real meals.
Not perfect. Just intentional.

Beauty starts within. 
What I feed my body shows outside. 
So I’ve started to become more aware, more intentional of what I eat. 




I still style my hair.

Of course I do.

But it feels different now.

Not like I’m fixing something…
but like I’m finishing something that’s already been cared for.


Because the truth is,

the shine, the strength, the softness…

they don’t come from what you put on last.

They come from what you’ve been giving yourself all along.

From what comes in first. 


And lately,

I’ve been choosing to give myself better things.

Quietly. Daily.

Without needing to prove it.



I used to think I needed better products.
But what I needed…was care. 


If you want to see what some of these ingredients turned into, stay close. 
I’ll share them in Issue 02 of Lady E Eats. 

—-


With elegance and quiet fire,
Lady E


Founder, Glow by Lady E 
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...