Skip to main content

Clearing Space for What I Actually Want

 



Lipsticks that no longer suit me.
Colors that looked right once, but don’t anymore.
Products I kept reaching for out of habit, not desire.


It seems small.

But it isn’t.

Because every time I keep something that doesn’t fit…
I make it harder to see what actually does.


At first, it felt uncomfortable.

Do I really want to do this?

Some products look promising on the outside

I took one last long look at my things and let them go. 


The empty drawers are now homes for products that look good on me.

Products that I know I will use down to the last drop. 


Now there’s room.


Room to notice what I actually like.
Room to choose instead of default.
Room to feel the difference between something that is simply there… and something that truly belongs.


Clearing space is not about deprivation.

It is about precision.

It is the quiet act of saying:

This is not it.

So that when something right appears…

you recognize it immediately.


And what I’ve found is this—

The things I truly want were never competing for attention.

They were waiting for space.

And now I have space. 


And when I look at those spaces, 

I see products that make me smile.

Products that make me excited to use them. 

I no longer have that nagging feeling of needing to finish a product

just because it used to be money. 


I’m learning to let go. 

And that gives me peace of mind. 


—-


With elegance and quiet fire,
Lady E


Founder, Glow by Lady E 
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...