Skip to main content

While the Pages Are Becoming


 

Nineteen days have passed since our last issue, and almost a week since I quietly waved from this little corner of the internet.

I’m still here.

Issue 03 is taking shape, just not all at once. Some pages are written in long stretches of focus. Others arrive between packing orders, refilling tape, answering messages, and waiting for the Cricut to finish another cut.

The work behind Glow has never looked particularly glamorous.

After nine days of staying in, cabin fever finally won, so I slipped out for a few hours. I wandered through shops, admired beautiful things, came home with a little inspiration, and remembered that stepping outside sometimes feeds the pages just as much as sitting in front of them.

Yes, that’s a My Melody paper plate 😊 with Mochi Donuts from Dunkin’ Donuts and Cobbs Popcorn


Back at my desk, writing continued with a pink doughnut, bright yellow popcorn, and whatever little treat happened to be nearby. Not because it was perfectly styled, but because creativity is often happiest when it isn’t interrupted.

Some mornings looked even simpler than that. A Goober toast (that has been hastily cut), luncheon meat, cold water. Breakfast assembled in minutes because the atelier was already calling, and orders were waiting long before the day felt ready.

These days, my writing desk has migrated to the floor.



One corner holds my notebook. Another, my keyboard. Beside me, the Cricut hums through custom pieces while I steal paragraphs between production runs. It’s not the workspace I would photograph for a magazine, but it’s the one where this issue is quietly coming to life.




There was also an ordinary grocery trip that felt far less ordinary than it sounds. I wasn’t simply buying food. I was building a system. Filling the kitchen with easy meals and little comforts so Future Me can stay nourished while chasing deadlines without stopping to wonder what to eat.

And in the evenings, watercolor returns.

Loving my new Koi palette and my new Tokyo Finds Watercolor Sketchbook


A client asked if my original paintings could become part of the pieces she’s ordering from the atelier, so little leaves and flowers have been blooming across my sketchbook before finding their way onto something someone else will hold.

This is the part you don’t always see.

The shopping bags.
The hurried breakfasts.
The tiny snacks beside a manuscript.
The paint-stained hands.
The grocery lists.
The humming machines.
The floor scattered with notebooks and ideas.

None of them are separate from Glow.

They are Glow.

Issue 03 is on its way.

It’s going to be the biggest yet. 

And I’m excited. 

Until then, thank you for waiting while these quiet little moments become something worth turning the page for.


—-


With elegance and quiet fire,
Lady E


Founder, Glow by Lady E 
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...