Skip to main content

I Started Believing I Deserve Beautiful Things

 



I didn’t always believe this.


Not in a loud, obvious way.


But in small decisions.

Quiet ones.

The kind no one else sees.


There was always a pause.


I remember exactly what that pause felt like.


I held something in my hands—something I had wanted for a long time.


I had waited for it.

Looked at it more than once.

Thought about it more than I would admit.


And when it was finally in front of me—


I hesitated.


Not because I couldn’t have it.


But because something in me said—


not yet.


As if there was some invisible point I had to reach first.

Some version of myself that was more ready.

More deserving.


So I put it back.


And in that moment, I didn’t question it.


It felt normal.


That quiet withholding.

That instinct to delay something I already knew I wanted.


I did that in other ways too.


Choosing later.

Choosing less.

Telling myself, this is enough.


More often than not, it wasn’t.


There was always that ‘what if.’


It was just what I had learned to accept.

But it didn’t mean it gave me joy. 

I was so used to the old programming that I learned to see past the truth in front of me and just shrug it off. 


It took time for me to see it clearly.


That it wasn’t about the thing.


It was about permission.


Permission to have something simply because it felt right.

Not because it was necessary.

Not because it was earned in some measurable way.


But because I wanted it.


I wanted it.


That moment stayed with me.


More than I expected.


Until one day, something shifted.


I stopped asking if I needed it.


And started asking—


what would it feel like to allow this?


To not hold back.

To not delay.

To not shrink the moment after choosing it.


And when I finally said yes—





it wasn’t dramatic.


But it was clear.


Something softened.


Not just in what I had.


But in how I allowed myself to live.


Now, I notice it differently.


In the way I choose.

In the way I no longer hesitate the same way.

In the way I let beauty exist in my life without questioning it.


I didn’t suddenly become someone who has everything.


But I became someone who no longer withholds from herself what feels right.


And that, to me—


was the beginning.



—-


With elegance and quiet fire,
Lady E


Founder, Glow by Lady E 
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...