Skip to main content

It Started with Some Earrings

 

And a pair of barrettes

It started quietly.

With a few pairs of earrings.

Nothing dramatic or loud.

No grand declarations. 
Nothing that felt like a turning point at the time.

Just something I picked up during a visit to Museo Kordilyera in Baguio—
handmade pieces, woven from stories I didn’t fully understand yet,
but somehow felt.

I wore them every now and then.
Not out of intention.
Just because they were there.

But something had already shifted.

Not in how I dressed—
but in how I started to
see what I was wearing.



I became brand conscious. 

Not how the world perceives that term.

But I was becoming conscious that I was wearing too many brands. 

Too much fast fashion.


I never understood how a shirt with a heart with eyes on it could cost Php5,000 (about $82).

(I’m not throwing shade at you if you like wearing expensive, branded things. You do you! 😊 This is my story.) 

But as an artist and creator, 

I do understand the hard work and creativity that goes into every artisanal piece. 

And I understand that those should be rewarded. 


Looking back, I see it now.


Those small pieces weren’t just accessories.

They were a beginning.


A quiet pull toward something more grounded.

More intentional.


More mine.


And when the inabel skirt came into my life,

it didn’t feel like a new choice—


It felt like a continuation.


Like something I had already started…

and was finally ready to step into.


Because I’m realizing now—


I don’t just want beautiful things.


I want pieces that mean something.


And this?


This is where that shift begins.


—-


With elegance and quiet fire,
Lady E


Founder, Glow by Lady E 
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...