Skip to main content

Soft Luxe Travels: Batangas - Journey to Taal

 


There’s something magical about mornings that begin with a journey. Last Saturday, we set off at 7:45 AM, leaving the bustle of the city behind and heading toward the serene embrace of Batangas. With every kilometer traveled, the landscape slowly shifted — highways giving way to rolling greens, quiet towns, and that familiar promise of fresh air and wide-open skies.


This wasn’t just another weekend escape. It was the start of a soft luxe adventure: simple comforts, intentional moments, and the quiet joy of discovering beauty along the way. Our destination? The timeless charm of Taal, where history, culture, and gentle elegance converge.





✨ Today’s Look Breakdown ✨


Lips: Laneige Lip Mask Cotton Candy, Minimalist Glossy Lipstick 08, BYS Hot Choc Anastasia Caramel 

Cheeks: Minimalist Cream Blush 07

Eyes: BYS Pink Lemonade Palette - Tea Time, Meadow, Sheen, Angelic. MAC Pearl Twinks, White Frost.  BYS Eyeliner

I was supposed to publish the review of the BYS Pink Lemonade Palette, but I had to write about our Batangas journey first while it's still fresh in my mind. 

What's in my Hello Kitty Tote Bag


I brought my Hello Kitty tote bag because it's big and roomy, perfect for shopping. 

Here's what's inside:


Choco-hazel croissants and crackers

My son and I only ate one piece of hotdog each as it was too early for us to eat a full meal. I brought the croissants for breakfast on the road, but I didn't have an appetite and ate some Haitai cheese crackers instead. My son mostly slept through the journey. 

I also brought two jute bags and our cooler as my sister said we're going market shopping. 

Snapshots from the Road


Mom said the mountains looked like they're snow-capped and took a few photos

There was some road construction going on











We saw this lot full of BYD cars and trucks. We were amazed at the number of parked cars!







Saw this Jollibee restaurant that blends modern and old Spanish architecture 



Finally, we reached Taal. Like Vigan, Taal is also a heritage town. A lot of old Spanish architecture can be seen here. We arrived there before 11 am. 

Stay tuned for Part 2: Palengke (market) shopping 




-



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...