Skip to main content

Soft Saturday Diaries: Part 2- Mitsukoshi and Beyond

 



Grocery Shopping at Mitsukoshi


After Landers, we went to Mitsukoshi to do some more grocery shopping.






They always have an extensive array of sushi. I don't eat sushi, but I love their California maki.

They also have rice meals that you can buy and eat at the food court. 









Those grape jelly (top shelf, left) are delicious! 



I was looking at the different kinds of fish cakes. 

I was particularly interested in this one, but I still have a lot of Naruto kamaboko at home. Next time. 






I stumbled upon something that immediately caught my eye—Hakata Yamadaya’s Mini Gohoubi Dango in jars. Instead of the usual skewered dango we see at festivals, these premium versions come beautifully packaged in glass jars, each one filled with soft, chewy mochi balls soaked in flavored syrups like ramune, sweet potato, zunda, or classic mitarashi. They’re meant as gohoubi—a “reward treat”—perfect for gifting or indulging in something special. It’s a modern twist on traditional wagashi, designed to be both luxurious and Instagram-worthy, and I couldn’t help but marvel at how Japanese brands continue to reinvent their classics.


Now you don't have to go to Tokyo to buy this famous pasalubong (homecoming gift)

My son and I love Apollo and when I spotted this, I immediately showed it to my son. We just love finding those stars. There was a time when we collected them and put them all in one jar and ate them on a special day. I asked my son if he liked this. I didn't hear him so I started to put it back, but he started to say "No, no, mommy! I want it!"😆
 

These biscuits/cookies are pretty good. 




I haven't tasted these apple cookies though. 

Those marshmallow fries are my husband's and son's favorite. I commented that night that I should have bought this to go with the chocolate burgers we got from Landers. 



I got these rice crackers and added them to my salad. Delish!

Would you eat this? I'm not sure if they're garlic flavored chips or garlic chips! 

There's wasabi, too!

Huge pack of White Rabbit candies, perfect to gift to a White Rabbit fan. 



I think these are like gummy tapes. 



All the White Rabbit flavors! 









I'm gonna taste this one of these days. I used to like sweet popcorn as a child, but as I grew older, I lost the taste for it. 

I'll try this natto hydrating hand wash, too when my hand wash supply gets low. 

And this whole line of cleansers! 


They have boxed sets of these cult favorite soaps. 


Look at all the pretty soda in glass bottles! 




These are juice but lighter than regular juices. From what I understand, these are like flavored water. They're not very sweet. 



Premium Homecoming Gifts


I've tasted something like this from a friend and they're melt-in-your-mouth good! 















I put all the cold items and perishables in my Hello Kitty cooler bag. 


The others went into my Mitsukoshi Fresh tote.

Quick Lunch at Circuit

We passed by Super 50 and found these Bath and Body Works imitation shower gels.



They have lotions, too! 



Saw this fat cat outside KFC. Circuit has a lot of pet cats. They roam the mall freely. They're spayed/neutured and vaccinated. Volunteers from different organizations care for them. They have food and water bowls all over the mall. Some shops have taken a liking to them that they put collars on some of them and have adopted them. 

A quick but hearty lunch at KFC

While we were eating, that same white cat went inside KFC and went under one of the tables near us. One of the staff tried to carry him, but he wouldn't budge! She finally succeeded and said that the cat was so fat and heavy while carrying the cat! 😆

Last Stop - S&R

We didn't buy a lot at S&R and there weren't a lot of new, interesting things unlike at Landers. I did see these huge Christmas balls! 


Look at the size of those things!

They've also started rolling out these very popular gift sets. I like the green pouch. 

This is a very nice gift set, don't you think? It's the ultimate pampering set.

I wanted to buy this glass soap bottle, but thought that it's troublesome to pour soap from this bottle. I prefer a dispenser, so the soap amount is controlled. 


We got home before 8 pm that night. I spent a couple of hours putting away the things we bought and portioning out the protein. It was tiring, but I'm thankful that our fridge and pantry are full. 

How did you spend your Saturday, Glow Girl?







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...

Soft Luxe Travels: Day 1 - The Journey to Vigan Part 1

In this post, we will start our journey to Vigan! The Night Before After packing our things, I did a few things for myself to help me relax and decompress so that I can sleep. I'm a night owl and not used to waking up early nor sleeping early, so I have to be strategic.  I painted my nails that night after all my chores, so that the nail polish wouldn't chip.  However, I forgot that I needed to make pressed sandwiches for our breakfast the following day!  Because really, what’s a road trip mom without freshly painted nails and a last-minute kitchen hustle? 😂 So, I had to do a lot of washing and hoped for the best that my nail polish will not chip! Luncheon meat, eggs, Kewpie Trust me, it tastes better than it sounds at 11 PM while trying not to chip your polish. That night, we also tried the Ube Halaya from Amira's. This was from our trip to Tagaytay . I'll try to make a review of this on my food blog . With everything prepped, I finally let myself drift off—half excit...

Holiday State of Mind

  Sometimes, a quick escape is all it takes to reset the spirit. Tagaytay always gives me that holiday state of mind… Even a short drive can feel like a retreat when your heart is ready to embrace rest. My son successfully finished his recital last Sunday and as a reward, my sister treated us to Tagaytay yesterday.  Getting Ready for the Trip I decided to use my BYS Golden Hour Palette for today's look. Makeup, for me, is part of the ritual—it sets the tone that today is special. Here are the swatches: From top to bottom: Polaroid, Candid, Aperture, In Focus, Portrait, Panoramic In Focus is slightly wet, like something between a liquid and cream eyeshadow. The color is gorgeous! I love Panoramic, too! Polaroid is a bit chalky and not as pigmented as the shadows in the Queen Bee Palette.  Here are the face shades: Highlighter: Illumination Contour: Ambiance I haven't tried Illumination yet, only Ambiance. I used it on top of my BYS Bronzer. It's a buildable powder, a littl...