I got this POND’S Healthy Hydration Watermelon Glass Skin Alive Toner from Watsons in Vigan.
And then I didn’t use it. 😅
I’d been having several heavy skin flares since Vigan, so introducing something new into my routine wasn’t exactly high on my list of good ideas. Vigan was actually where one of those episodes started after I did some pretty aggressive treatment, although, strangely enough, the Vigan sun also helped my skin clear up quickly.
But I digress.
My skin finally calmed down enough for me to start trying things again.
And then I started reacting to the toner I was currently using.
More on that in another post.
So I finally reached for this watermelon toner.
I don’t apply toner with cotton pads anymore. I transfer mine into a little spray bottle and mist it all over my face, being very careful around my eyes because they’re ridiculously sensitive.
I honestly wasn’t expecting much.
But I’ve been using this for several weeks now and my face has been surprisingly happy with it.
No itching.
No redness.
No rashes.
Just…a calm face.
And after the kind of skin adventures I’ve had lately, calm is a very attractive feature in a skincare product.
I also really like the light watermelon scent. It’s there, but it doesn’t feel overwhelming to me.
The other thing I noticed immediately is how quickly my skin seems to drink this up. I spray it on and it disappears into my skin without leaving that sticky, tacky, there-is-something-sitting-on-my-face feeling.
That matters a lot to me.
I don’t necessarily need my toner to perform acrobatics. I want something I’ll actually enjoy using every day, especially when my skin is behaving and I’d very much like to keep it that way.
So far, this has been exactly that.
I believe there is a cucumber variant too, which naturally means I now want to try that one. 😆
The problem?
I can’t find this toner anymore.
I bought mine at Watsons Vigan, and I’ve been looking for another bottle here in Manila ever since. I haven’t spotted it at my local Watsons or grocery stores.
So yes, I am officially hunting it.
Because when my temperamental skin finds something it likes, I don’t ask questions.
I buy another bottle.
—-
With elegance and quiet fire,
Lady E
Founder, Glow by Lady E
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living

Comments
Post a Comment