I have a thing for pretty tissue. Most of you ladies know that. 😁
Actually, that’s not entirely accurate.
I have a thing for pretty, high-quality tissue in different sizes.
Because apparently, somewhere along the way, my tissues acquired job descriptions.
The smallest packs go into my small bags. They barely take up any room, which matters when I’m carrying one of those tiny purses that seems to believe women require nothing beyond a card and a lipstick.
It’s important that I have a tissue with me at all times because when I’m with family, I give my tote to one of them when I need to use the mall bathroom. But not all bathrooms here have tissue, so small bag tissue is a life saver.
The medium ones live in my tote. There’s more space there, so they’re allowed to be a little bigger.
This tissue is shared property. When the boys need it, there’s tissue. When we travel and someone needs it, I pull it out. Eating out and there’s not enough tissue and it’s too troublesome to call the wait staff? Pull out tissue.
And the largest packs stay around my work area, where I’m constantly painting, making things, eating snacks, wiping my hands, cleaning tiny spills and generally creating reasons to reach for tissue all day.
It’s such an ordinary thing.
But if I’m going to use something every single day, why shouldn’t I enjoy using it?
Give me the nice texture. Give me the useful size. And yes, give me the pretty packaging.
I’ve been this way for a while, too. You remember that super cute printed Hello Kitty tissues I showed a few days ago? That probably should have been my first clue that tissue had somehow wandered into the beautiful things I inexplicably care about category.
Some people have a signature perfume.
I have a tissue hierarchy.
And every pack knows its place. 😌🌸
—-
With elegance and quiet fire,
Lady E
Founder, Glow by Lady E
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living

Comments
Post a Comment