I have a weakness for little luxuries.
Not necessarily the expensive kind.
Sometimes it’s something as simple as putting gold eye patches under my eyes and walking around the house looking like I have a skincare appointment somewhere far more glamorous than my bedroom.
These Bioten Hyaluronic Gold Hydrogel Eye Patches are exactly that kind of thing.
They’re hydrating, de-puffing eye patches with hyaluronic acid and golden proteins, and they’re fragrance-free, which immediately made them more interesting to me. You know me and my sensitivity to strong fragrances.
But I also like the sheer ridiculous pleasure of them.
They’re gold.
They’re shiny.
They make an ordinary few minutes of skincare feel just a little more indulgent.
And they’re not flimsy like that pair I got from KKV that I used in Baguio.
There is something I love about finding products like this at the drugstore. Beauty doesn’t always have to arrive in a heavy glass jar with a three-digit price tag and a sales associate whispering about rare ingredients harvested under a full moon.
Sometimes luxury is inexpensive.
Sometimes it comes in a foil packet.
And sometimes it is simply the decision to make an ordinary hump day feel a little prettier.
I think we underestimate these tiny pleasures because they seem frivolous.
But perhaps that’s precisely why I like them.
Not everything I do for myself needs to be necessary.
Some things are allowed to exist simply because they make the day nicer.
And if I happen to look mildly royal while doing it?
Even better.
——
With elegance and quiet fire,
Lady E
Founder, Glow by Lady E
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living

Comments
Post a Comment