I own a lot of expensive makeup brushes.
And after years of doing my own makeup, other people’s and developing my skills, I’ve realized something:
I don’t really care how much a makeup brush costs anymore.
I don’t even care that much about the brand.
Sometimes, yes, it’s the tool.
But most of the time?
It’s the artist’s hand.
Of course, there are limits. If a terrible brush keeps fighting me every time I try to use it, I’m not going to spend my morning negotiating with it. 😆
But inexpensive doesn’t automatically mean terrible.
These KKV brushes are a perfect example.
They’re very affordable, with most of the brushes in this particular line priced at around ₱89 to ₱159, and they work.
That’s it.
They do what I need them to do.
And once you’ve developed enough technique, I think that becomes far more important than having an impressive name stamped on the handle.
I actually own several KKV brushes already, and I’ve mentioned some of them here over the past few months. KKV has several different brush lines, so I’ll feature more of the ones I use in future posts.
But there is one from this collection that deserves a special mention.
The silicone lip brush.
I really like silicone lip brushes because they’re ridiculously easy to use. There are no bristles absorbing product, they’re easy to wipe clean between uses, and washing them takes practically no effort.
For something that touches lip products regularly, I also like how easy it is to keep the silicone surface clean.
And it costs ₱89.
Do I still love beautiful, expensive makeup brushes?
Absolutely.
But I no longer assume that expensive automatically means better for me.
At some point, you stop asking whether the tool is prestigious enough.
You pick it up.
You use it.
And your hand tells you whether it works.
That matters more.
—-
With elegance and quiet fire,
Lady E
Founder, Glow by Lady E
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living

Comments
Post a Comment