I have a system for replacing my bath lily.
I wait until it unravels.
That’s it. That’s the system. 😂
If it is still recognizably a bath lily and capable of producing bubbles, apparently I consider it perfectly employable.
Then I bought this pretty pink one and, for the first time in perhaps ever, wondered:
Wait. When are you actually supposed to replace these things?
Because surely the official answer cannot be, when it loses structural integrity and becomes a very long piece of netting.
It is not.
For a synthetic mesh bath pouf like mine, a quick research revealed that dermatologist guidance puts replacement at around two months. They should also be rinsed after use, allowed to dry thoroughly, and cleaned regularly because all those folds can hold onto skin cells and moisture.
Two months.
I would like to formally decline to disclose how old some of mine have been. 😌
This reminds me of when I asked whether anyone else was still using their sponge even though it already looked decidedly ready for retirement.
Apparently, I have a recurring problem with bath accessories.
I don’t replace them according to time.
I wait for them to physically resign from service.
So this little pink bath lily is getting a new job description.
And, for once, an actual retirement plan.
Let’s see if I remember it in two months. 😂🩷
Oh.. but I do need to replace my current bath lily today!
—-
With elegance and quiet fire,
Lady E
Founder, Glow by Lady E
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living

Comments
Post a Comment