Skip to main content

I Bought Korea’s No. 1 Soap on Sale. I Got More Than I Bargained For


I bought this box of
Milk Baobab Original White Soap last year.

Why?

First, it said Korea No. 1 Personal Care right there on the display.

Second, it was on sale.

That was really all the convincing I needed. 😆

It came with 10 bars, so I knew I was committing to this soap for quite some time. I just didn’t expect to like it as much as I did.

The first thing I noticed was the scent.

It’s mild.

And for me, that matters more than you might think.

I don’t like using strongly scented products before going to bed because the fragrance can make me keep coughing when I’m trying to sleep. But this one is mild enough that I can use it for my nighttime shower without being bothered by the scent afterward.

It’s also quite mild on my skin.

Does it make my skin unbelievably soft and smooth?

No.

But it doesn’t leave my skin feeling dry either, which happens to me with some soaps. It just cleans my skin without making a production out of it.

And apparently, that was exactly what I wanted.

For a while, I used this every night.

I bought the box last year, and somehow I’m now down to the bar I’m currently using plus around two more bars.

So yes, I definitely got my money’s worth from that sale. 😆

Recently, though, I stopped using it every single night.

After my experience with the Watsons Milk Yogurt Hand Cream, I became more cautious about using the same product continuously for long periods. I’ve noticed that sometimes I can happily use something for quite a while, and then my skin eventually decides it has had enough.

And I really don’t want that to happen with this soap.

I actually like it.

So instead of waiting until my skin decides to break up with it, I’m giving it a little space.

Which is funny, because I bought this soap almost entirely because of a sale sign and the words “Korea No. 1.”

I expected ten bars of soap.

What I got was a quiet little nighttime favorite that lasted me almost a year.

Sometimes the impulse buy wins.


—-


With elegance and quiet fire,
Lady E
Founder, Glow by Lady E
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...