Skip to main content

Nichido Juicy Lips


I've only used this a couple of times but I can say that I like it. This product (or brand) gets mixed reviews from everybody. It seems women my age tend to like it whereas teenagers complain that this makes their lips darken. I've read several reviews regarding Nichido's lipsticks at a teen discussion board and their verdict was they didn't like it. I've also read some makeup artists' reviews and they said that they like this. So, trusting on the wisdom of the ages, I bought one for P88 at Beauty by SM.

This shade is Hawaiian Punch. It's highly pigmented. I only apply a small amount on my lower lips and blend it out with a brush or just press my lips together.

See how much color that is? I only applied this very lightly. I'd say this is even better than my Dear Darling Lipsticks. They also have the same shades as the ones I bought from Etude House and at a fraction of the price.

I can't really say if it dries out my lips as my lips tend to dry up really fast nowadays regardless of the brand of lipstick that I use. Dunno if it's weather/climate related or what. I also don't get breakouts and allergies with this product. 

It doesn't do well in heat though, as you can see in the picture. This was taken one night when it wasn't that hot yet. My other lipsticks were not melting. This one was.

I plan to buy all the colors in this line! 

Do you have any good/bad experiences with Nichido? Care to share?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...