Skip to main content

Nichido Pinks Palette


Nichido is a local brand that works well for my skin. I've been using their foundation for years now. It's affordable and it doesn't make my acidic skin dark. Rule of thumb for me, I always choose one shade lighter than my skin tone. When I walk out of the house, the foundation blends well with my tone so I don't end up looking like a kabuki doll.



The palette comes with 7 eyeshadow shades, 2 blush shades and one useless applicator. Here are the swatches:




I had to apply a lot of the lighter shades - from white to the last pink. The last two shades and the blush are nicely pigmented though so one application is enough. 

I use this for day wear (as if I go out at night...). The lighter shades of pink are nice to use as base and highlights. The dark ones are great for that outside V part of the eyes. I sometimes use the darker pinks in the middle for contrast. As for the blush, I apply a small amount with my fingers and blend well using my kabuki brush. I don't regularly use the blush because they're too pink for me. 

This palette works great with Fashion 21's earth triple shadow and my Maybelline eyeshadow mini palette. The palette costs P188. Isn't that amazing? Will I repurchase? No. This will last me a long time. Plus I'll be buying another palette soon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...