Skip to main content

Simple Joys: Enchanted Midnight Dreams and the Satisfaction in Finishing Products

 


I've been pampering myself a lot these past few days, and finding joy in the simple things. (Burn out is real.) One of the things I like doing is applying nail polish on my nails. I used to this a lot when I was younger. I stopped when I became pregnant. It's only lately that I started doing this again. There's just something about colored nails that make me smile throughout the day. 

It might sound shallow for some, but if you're like me, who does the work of 5 people every day, my hands constantly washing, cooking, cleaning, creating, a little burst of color lightens the load. 


This is a KKV nail polish so there's no shade name. As always, I'm naming it. I call it Enchanted Midnight Dreams. 

When I opened the bottle, I had a feeling it was an old stock. You can see the nail polish all over the rim. But the sticker was intact. Hmm..

Anyway, the nail polish wasn't thick or looked old. It was still easy to apply. 

A Trick I Learned

Remember when this happened?

Soft Luxe Champagne Fairy Dust (yeah, I named it, too)

I applied two coats of that nail polish and it was chipped after a few hours. I experimented with a few things and decided to apply more coats. But then, this happened:


I did the dishes that night, but my nail polish was intact. That was a good sign. The others didn't even survive a simple handwashing. 

The next day, however, I was showering and when I looked down. the nail polish from my middle nail was floating on the floor. 😆 So much for that theory then. 

I peeled off the polish and applied a new shade. This time, 4 coats and used my Mumuso Top Coat. The pretty one. It survived a few days with minimal chipping, but I could still peel the nail polish off. I guess that's good in a way. I get to save on nail polish remover. 😁

So, I've learned: KKV Nail Polish + Mumuso Topcoat. Mumuso and Miniso Nail Polish + Mumuso Quick Dry Drops.

Two Empties, Double the Joy

Yes, joy. Regular Glow Girls know that I have a lot of product. And that's because I need to regularly rotate them so that I won't have an immune reaction. So, when I finish a product, I get ecstatic! That means, number 1, I didn't react to it and number 2, I got my money's worth. I didn't throw it away, give it away, or let it gather dust in a corner until it expired. 



Final Thoughts

I'm struggling. This burnout is taking too long to heal, but I'm getting there with the help of simple joys that I add to my daily routine. Healing can sometimes be a slow process, so find joy whenever and wherever you can. 



---


'Til my next post,
Stay soft. Stay strong. Stay Glowing.
LET'S GLOW.

With elegance and quiet fire, 

Lady E


💌 Connect with me on  Insta: behind-the-scenes, daily sparks, and more.
📚 Created by a registered NBDB author, these children’s books and homeschool workbooks are made to help your child learn with ease.
💻 Grab your copies now on Gumroad

 🍽 Craving comfort food stories and recipes? Visit my food blog: Lady E Eats
🛒 🎁 Looking for toys, learning materials, school supplies,  and thoughtful finds? Visit my Shopee: Isaac's Gift Shop
💫 I write, I cook, I create — with love, always.

✈️ Our Binondo staycation was featured by Ramada by Wyndham Manila Central! Read about our Soft Luxe experience here 💖


 P. S.

Don't forget to get your Glow Cards!

👉 Grab your Glow Cards here – available now on Gumroad

👉 Get your very own Pantry Ledger here.


🤝 For Collaborations & Features

If you’re a brand, PR agency, or fellow creative who believes in adding beauty, meaning, and intention to everyday life, I’d love to hear from you. Whether it’s a product you’d like me to try, a place you’d love me to experience, or a story waiting to be told — let’s create something lovely together.

📩 Send me a message on:

✨ Instagram

💖 Facebook


Or simply leave a comment and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...