Skip to main content

A Week at the Atelier

 



For the past week, I’ve been tucked away in the atelier.

Designing. Printing. Cutting. Packaging.

One little notepad at a time.

It’s the kind of work that doesn’t make much noise. Hours pass in quiet concentration, surrounded by paper trimmings, watercolor fruits and flowers, and little stacks that slowly grow until they’re finally ready to be wrapped.

Yesterday, I finished every single one.

And then something unexpected happened.

The client who originally ordered one of each design came back and asked for two of each instead.

I smiled.

Not because the order became bigger (I am thankful), but because it felt like a quiet reminder that beautiful things, made with care, really do find their people.

The atelier is a little quieter today because I will be painting for another custom order. 

The worktable is finally clear.

For now.

Issue 03 will be a little special. I’ll be introducing each collection one by one because every design has its own little story to tell.

Until then…

Thank you for following along as these tiny paper worlds slowly come to life. 🌿



All original art by yours truly
Available at Stars & Roses FB



—-


With elegance and quiet fire,
Lady E


Founder, Glow by Lady E 
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living


 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - The Great Buddha, Curated Purchases from Eng Bee Tin, and Last Thoughts About Ramada

After buying a lot of stuff on the first floor, we headed upstairs to eat a light lunch. Mom was getting hungry. My son and I just ate, but we said that we will accompany her and will just order something light. 

All About Eyes

Lately I’m finding myself obsessed with skin care products, prevention in particular. I'm not getting younger and nobody likes lines and wrinkles, right? I should have done this in my early twenties but those were hard times and we didn’t have enough to support our daily lives, let alone vanity splurges. So now, I’m on hyper mode. I did not place any expectations on this product. I’ve had it with products claiming they can do this and that. I just tried the product thinking that if it works then great, if not then I’ll just find a new one. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change but 2 weeks into using this product, I noticed that my under eye area has become lighter. The lines are also not as deep as they were before I used this product. I stopped using the Garnier eye products because I’m allergic to them so that means I’m not using any whitening products for that area. I am truly impressed with this product. I didn’t take a before and after photo as I wasn’t expecting this at ...

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...