I’ve only been painting for roughly 2 months.
I’m not even sharing all of them on my personal Facebook.
For a time, I couldn’t embrace my artist crown. I felt like my work wasn’t good enough for public consumption.
And then a client ordered my Lemon Grove notepads.
And then she asked me to make her a notebook with a sunflower.
I didn’t tell her that I painted the sunflower.
I showed her the design and she approved.
And then I told her I painted it.
After a few days, she asked for a planner.
With sunflowers, too.
So I took my brush and painted more sunflowers.
And she liked it!
I couldn’t describe the joy and pride that swelled in my chest when I read “approved” in my phone.
I couldn’t believe it! Someone likes my paintings!
The following week, I got more orders, and this time for planners. Teacher gifts.
And this new client specifically asked for my paintings to be on the covers of the planners.
She saw the sunflower notebooks and liked them.
I spent about a week painting more because I couldn’t find a painting that I liked to make into a planner.
(And now dear Glow Girls, do you understand why Issue 03 took so long to finish? 😁)
Finally, I showed her 9 designs.
And do you know what the client said?
“I’ll take everything. They’re all so beautiful. I couldn’t decide.”
And I guess those words are what every artist/entrepreneur/creator/designer wants to hear.
A painting finding a home doesn’t necessarily mean being framed on a wall. Sometimes its home is tucked under someone’s arm, sitting on a teacher’s desk, being opened every Monday morning, slowly collecting someone else’s plans and handwriting.
—-
With elegance and quiet fire,
Lady E
Founder, Glow by Lady E
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living




Comments
Post a Comment