Our next stop was Landers.
I’ve been meaning to go for several weeks, but it kept raining and we were busy, too at the atelier.
I was truly disappointed with our trip.
A lot of the freezers and displays were empty.
The aisles were filled with old inventory.
It’s probably because they just had their grand annual sale.
Or logistics problems.
But I did see a few interesting items.
Such as these enormous burger buns!
For a while, I contemplated buying them, but thought that I did not want to make buns with a side of patty. 😏
I’ll probably have a hard time finishing that.
Then I found these breakfast ice creams!
Eggo? Apple Jacks? Froot Loops?
I cannot wrap my head around it!
For context, my generation and those before me didn’t consider cereal as breakfast. We ate bread, pancit (noodles), and rice.
Until now I don’t serve my family cereal for breakfast unless we are really pinched for time.
We normally eat cereal for snack.
So looking at these breakfast themed ice cream just blew my mind! 🤯
I saw these pickle chips and texted my friend.
This is also another thing that makes me go…why??
I enjoy my pickles in my sandwich, thank you very much.
Why would I snack on them?
(No offense meant if you love pickle chips. Pickles are also not common here. We mainly just use it for sandwiches, so the thought of eating pickles like potato chips is not very appetizing to me.)
And I know it’s August, but these Christmas snack packs are already out!
We start Christmas early here.
When the -ber months arrive, the airwaves start to fill with Christmas songs.
Malls bring out both Halloween and Christmas decor.
I feel like every few years, Christmas keeps arriving earlier and earlier.
I wouldn’t be surprised if three years down the road, there will be Christmas balls beside the beach balls in March (that’s the start of our summer.)
After this quick Landers trip, we had lunch.
I’ll write about it on Lady E Eats.
If you’re a foodie like me, like meal planning, cooking, and like reading about my food adventures, go visit Lady E Eats this week as I’m updating it with my latest food happenings.
Basically, if I’m not writing here, I’m there. 😊
Stay tuned for Part 3 of my lovely Sun-date!
—-
With elegance and quiet fire,
Lady E
Founder, Glow by Lady E
An editorial space for stories, art, and intentional living












Comments
Post a Comment