Skip to main content

Soft Luxe Staycations: Binondo Series - Shopping at Divisoria and Lucky Chinatown

 


Welcome to part 2 of my Binondo series! Today, I'll share with you my shopping adventures at Divisoria nd Lucky Chinatown Mall.

The Road to Divisoria

Lucky Chinatown was just a short walk from the hotel, but it was hot and there were a lot of vehicles. The safest way is to get a ride. 

Minor Basilica of San Lorenzo Ruiz

We were waiting for our car when we saw this. Mom said to take a photo and tell my readers about this vehicle. 

This is the new mode of transportation around divisoria. They look like a big tuk-tuk. They used to be bikes with a sidecar then tricycles, and now this. 

Plaza San Lorenzo Ruiz


Plaza San Lorenzo Ruiz is the plaza fronting the church in the photo above. 


Lucky Chinatown Mall



Lucky Chinatown is an upscale mall at the entrance of Divisoria. You can go out the back doors and find yourself just a few steps away from 168 Mall and 999 Mall. There's also a hotel connected to Lucky Chinatown. 


I was surprised that they had a Nitori! And the Nitori branch here is big! I love going to Nitori. Sometimes I avoid going there because I know I won't come out empty-handed. 😆

Lucky Chintown Mall

Here are some shots I took. It's been years since I last went to this mall and a lot has changed. New businesses have taken over old ones. 


Pretty cakes


I am curious about these chiffon in a box? Cup? They're big. Mom said that Bread Talk also has them. Haven't seen them in my local Bread Talk, though. I didn't get this as it's too much for just my son and I. Next time I'll buy one though. Maybe the Glorietta branch has some. 

Those black boxes are tip boxes. Hmm..





168 Mall

This is a wallet and pouch place I used to frequent when I was running my fashion brand, Hyphen. 


Divisoria, or Divi for short, is known for their knockoffs. I didn't buy these branded knockoffs back then. I stuck to the plain ones. I didn't want any IP problems!



999 Mall

I didn't like anything from my usual stores in 168, so we went to my favorite accessories shop at 999.

This is Miss Chic.




There's a bead place in Divi, but it's too far a walk and it was hot. When I can't go there and buy materials to make my own accessories, I stop by this place.


Fascinators. Would love to wear one. 













This is Ms. Bea. She's been in this store for 17 years. She always takes care of me when I'm there. If you go there, look for her. She's so nice, super friendly, and fun! We chatted a lot while I was there. 

I took some more pictures on our way back to Lucky Chinatown.
We were amazed at that gigantic wok! 

You can probably deep fry several whole chickens in that bottom one. Or 1,000 lumpia. You can even bathe a child in it, too! 🤣 

Here are the lids

I was surprised that they already had this brand! 🤣

Christmas starts in September here

Back to Lucky Chinatown








Watsons

I always check Watsons wherever I go, because no two Watsons are the same. 

Pretty Christmas Gift Packs



These bottles remind me of the glass bottles I saw at S&R. But these ones are plastic. 



Shaxia Snack

They say this is the best snack place in China. They have over 88,000 stores all over the world!  They're in 62 countries! Maybe we'll try it when we go back. We were still full when we passed by this place. 

Stay tuned for Part 3!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alone Time

My good friend Kitten and I were supposed to go out yesterday but she had some unexpected things come up. I needed to buy some stuff as I am packing for a trip and so I went alone. I actually enjoy going out alone as much as going out with girlfriends or MB. It gives me a chance to eat whatever I like to eat and explore new restos. It’s also nice to take my time when shopping. After paying my bills, I had a late lunch at Toast Box: I love Hainanese Chicken. I sometimes cook this dish but it’s too tedious so I settle for eating out. I’m so happy that there are now restaurants that serve proper Hainanese Chicken. Well, except that one above was sooooo bloody. It was swimming in blood when I pulled the meat apart so I had it changed. You know what Gordon Ramsay says, bloody chicken is poisonous. This is the second time I ate at Toast Box and in both times, the chicken was so bloody. After lunch, I started shopping. First stop was Beabi where I bought these: The Sakura thermos on...

Soft Luxe Travels: Day 1 - The Journey to Vigan Part 1

In this post, we will start our journey to Vigan! The Night Before After packing our things, I did a few things for myself to help me relax and decompress so that I can sleep. I'm a night owl and not used to waking up early nor sleeping early, so I have to be strategic.  I painted my nails that night after all my chores, so that the nail polish wouldn't chip.  However, I forgot that I needed to make pressed sandwiches for our breakfast the following day!  Because really, what’s a road trip mom without freshly painted nails and a last-minute kitchen hustle? 😂 So, I had to do a lot of washing and hoped for the best that my nail polish will not chip! Luncheon meat, eggs, Kewpie Trust me, it tastes better than it sounds at 11 PM while trying not to chip your polish. That night, we also tried the Ube Halaya from Amira's. This was from our trip to Tagaytay . I'll try to make a review of this on my food blog . With everything prepped, I finally let myself drift off—half excit...

Holiday State of Mind

  Sometimes, a quick escape is all it takes to reset the spirit. Tagaytay always gives me that holiday state of mind… Even a short drive can feel like a retreat when your heart is ready to embrace rest. My son successfully finished his recital last Sunday and as a reward, my sister treated us to Tagaytay yesterday.  Getting Ready for the Trip I decided to use my BYS Golden Hour Palette for today's look. Makeup, for me, is part of the ritual—it sets the tone that today is special. Here are the swatches: From top to bottom: Polaroid, Candid, Aperture, In Focus, Portrait, Panoramic In Focus is slightly wet, like something between a liquid and cream eyeshadow. The color is gorgeous! I love Panoramic, too! Polaroid is a bit chalky and not as pigmented as the shadows in the Queen Bee Palette.  Here are the face shades: Highlighter: Illumination Contour: Ambiance I haven't tried Illumination yet, only Ambiance. I used it on top of my BYS Bronzer. It's a buildable powder, a littl...